The Eau Claire Area has seven groomed cross-country trails for public use. The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department grooms and maintains four cross-country ski trails inside the City limits. For questions in regards to city groomed trails, contact the City of Eau Claire Parks Maintenance Department at (715) 839-5039.
The Eau Claire County also grooms and maintains three cross-country ski trails outside the city limits within Eau Claire County. For questions in regards to county groomed trails, contact the Eau Claire County Parks & Forestry at (715) 839-4783.
Eau Claire City Groomed Trails
Grooming Update: Trails have been packed & tracked by 4pm on 2/3/16.
- City Wells Area -- located on the east side of Riverview Drive, across from Riverview Park. Flat trail, approximately 3 miles.
- Carson Park -- located in the park, east entrance off Lake Street, or South entrance off Menomonie Street, loop course accessed off the main parking lot. Rolling terrain with 1 hill, approximately 1 mile loop.
- Fairfax Park -- located on the City's south side just off of Golf Road. Access trail on the north side of the park road, fairly flat trail, approximately 1.7 miles.
- Pinehurst Park -- located on the City's north side on Delbert Road. This location is a part of the Pinehurst Winter Recreation Area. The trail is slightly less than 1 mile in length and has multiple hills.
Eau Claire County Groomed Trails
Grooming Update: Eau Claire County Parks & Forest Ski Trail Conditions
- Coon Fork County Park -- located 4 miles east of Augusta, Wisconsin. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.
- Lowes Creek County Park -- located just a couple miles south of Eau Claire off of S. The park has approximately 5 miles of ski trails. Winter snowshoe/pet walking trails are groomed to separate these recreation uses from ski trails. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.
- Tower Ridge -- located east of Eau Claire off CTH I in the town of Seymour. Fifteen miles of cross-country skiing on groomed, flat or hilly and open track. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.