The Eau Claire Area has seven groomed cross-country trails for public use. The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department grooms and maintains four cross-country ski trails inside the City limits. For questions in regards to city groomed trails, contact the City of Eau Claire Parks Maintenance Department at (715) 839-5039.
The Eau Claire County also grooms and maintains three cross-country ski trails outside the city limits within Eau Claire County. For questions in regards to county groomed trails, contact the Eau Claire County Parks & Forestry at (715) 839-4783.
Eau Claire City Groomed Trails
Grooming Update: Northwest and City Wells have been packed & tracked as of 1/11/17. Other trails will be done 1/12/17.
- City Wells Area -- located on the east side of Riverview Drive, across from Riverview Park. Flat trail, approximately 3 miles.
- Carson Park -- located in the park, east entrance off Lake Street, or South entrance off Menomonie Street, loop course accessed off the main parking lot. Rolling terrain with 1 hill, approximately 1 mile loop.
- Fairfax Park -- located on the City's south side just off of Golf Road. Access trail on the north side of the park road, fairly flat trail, approximately 1.7 miles.
- Northwest Park -- located on the City's west side off of Jeffers Road. Rolling terrain, approximately a 2.5 mile loop.
- Pinehurst Park -- located on the City's north side on Delbert Road. This location is a part of the Pinehurst Winter Recreation Area. The trail is slightly less than 1 mile in length and has multiple hills.
Eau Claire County Groomed Trails
Grooming Update: Eau Claire County Parks & Forest Ski Trail Conditions
- Coon Fork County Park -- located 4 miles east of Augusta, Wisconsin. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.
- Evergreen -- located on county forestland near the Coon Fork campground entrance off CTH CF. 2.2 mile trail has long rolling hills and is suited best for the intermediate to advanced skier. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.
- Lowes Creek County Park -- located just a couple miles south of Eau Claire off of S. The park has approximately 5 miles of ski trails. Winter snowshoe/pet walking trails are groomed to separate these recreation uses from ski trails. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.
- Tower Ridge -- located east of Eau Claire off CTH I in the town of Seymour. Fifteen miles of cross-country skiing on groomed, flat or hilly and open track. Daily/annual vehicle entrance passes are required.