The Forestry Division is responsible for all trees on City boulevards (352 miles of city streets), as well as, all trees in city parks and on other city owned property. The Forestry division also oversees the City-wide Christmas Tree Recycling Program, as well as the in-City bow hunting program.
The goal of the Eau Claire Urban Forestry Program is to provide the residents of Eau Claire with all the physical and psychological benefits that are derived from an abundant, healthy and safe urban forest.
Management practices include:
- Maximize tree cover on both public & private property
- Provide optimum stocking of boulevard areas while staying within budget limitations
- Create diversity of species composition
- Create diversity in the age structure
- Maximize the longevity of individual trees
- Minimize tree hazards
- Improve the health and safety of the private portion of the urban forest through education, on-site advice, and by example, using only proper arboricultural techniques on public trees.
Merry Mulch 2017
Jeffers Road Green Waste Facility
December 26, 2016 - January 31, 2017
- Boulevard Shade Tree Planting & Maintenance
- Brush Disposal
- Deer Hunting
- Emerald Ash Borer - EAB
- Living Legacy Planting Program
- Urban Forestry Management Plan
- Boulevard Shade Tree Rebate Application
- Tree Trimming/Removal/Planting/Treatment Permit Application
- Tree Planting Alternatives to Ash