New Alternate Side Parking Information
Whenever the City declares a snow event to permit a full residential plow operation, then for a period of 72 hours, alternate side parking regulations will be in effect on all streets in the city of Eau Claire. Such regulations shall apply as follows:
- On odd-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on that side of the street having odd-numbered addresses.
- On even-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on the side of the street having even-numbered addresses.
- These provisions shall only be in effect between midnight and 5:00 p.m.
- These provisions shall not supersede more restrictive parking regulations in effect in the city.
- Notice of the snow event shall be provided at least 6 hours prior to the regulations taking effect, meaning notice must be provided prior to 6 p.m. in order for alternate side parking to commence that night at 12:00 midnight. Notice shall be given by public press release to all interested media outlets and posted on the City’s website.
- Alternate Side Parking Fact Sheet